Friday, December 10, 2010

This and That.


I missed it! Two posts ago was my 50th bloggiversary. Don't worry, I'm still accepting gifts.

I love to blog, it is very different than journaling. While I dare to say journaling
is more personal, I don't think it has to be. Thus why I bear all...well, a lot to you, a fellow human who is at least semi-interested in what I have to say (love to you for that). Also, I already talk to myself so why should I write to myself as well?

Is anyone sick of the cheesy Christmas music yet? I like spirit of Christmas and all but here's a few things to consider in your song choices:

Santa Baby? What a who....man. What a whoman...

Frosty the Snowman? "Oh hey congrats on your wedding" "Ya it was the best day of our lives" "who did the wedding?" "Frosty the snowman. The marriage certificate was scrolled with a carrot and isn't legit but hey, we're hitched..."

Santa Claus is Coming to Town? 'He see's you when you're sleeping, He knows when you're awake...' as a child I was more afraid of an obese senior in a red jogger hidding in my closet than our neighbor with the binoculars across the street. Hi Mr. Johnson!

By the way, yesterday I went to my aunts house to hang out with the cousins. Somehow we started talking about santa and Tarynn says: "Right, I believe in "santa" ". I turn to little sweet Rhys, "Ya menga, "Santa" (in quotations with their little hands". I tried to salvage any crumb of belief they had left but they know. "Santa" is not "real". Such relief. Now I can have sensible conversations with these kids. I fail to see why we lie to our children annually.

I'm done... sort of...

Okay I'm not. I'll sweeten the rant by telling you my favortie Christmas song.

Baby it's cold outside. An inapropriate classic I absolutely love.

That is all.

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment