Tuesday, December 7, 2010

MMMmmm...

You're back! So nice of you to join me.

Where have I been? Oh, around.

Calgary is becoming a busy space for me. I like that. It's not at the agenda keeping stage but it has its potential.

I have to tell you something (silence)










I'm learning to love alone time.























(your reaction here)




It's very, not me... and a big thanks to Calgary for that. I'm also congratulating Calgary on having a better french radio station than Edmonton and that is the only wiggle room I'll give to this city in my heart.

It's about time I learn to sit still, however.

Time alone. I actually look forward to my room, my incense, my bed and a book. For sure time out with people will always trump this but home is nice too.

I have fallen in love with the dim light of my bedside lamp and time to waste away. The humming strings of my guitar paired with words from my real place and an audience of none is quite beautiful.

The posibility to spend thousands and thousands of delicious minutes in my pyjamas with my blankets and pillows scattered all willy nilly on my bed, just the way I like it, sends me into a coma of comfort.

The gratification of knowing I'll wake up rested, even too rested spreads a smirky grin over my face like soft butter on a warm tea biscuit. hahaha. That's dumb.



I'm smitten with me.It's ...lovely.

2 comments:

  1. I totally understand. Maybe you began to become accostomed to this in Hay River, you just didn't know yet that you'd grow to like it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, maybe so. Hay River made me a better person for sure. I definitely do WAY less shopping than I did before. I love me some small town!

    ReplyDelete