Thursday, December 30, 2010

love to the people

I suppose I'll just throw a little update up on here.

I'm still freezing in Edmonton but having a nice little visit with all things friends.

Christmas doesn't excite me like it used to as a kid. I think most of us feel like that, right? I mean it translates into our birthdays and easter too. I don't feel as if I am going to die two days before Christmas or spontaneously combust until it's FINALLY my birthday. ...That means I'm all growed up.

I was excited to come to Edmonton for the week though. There was a no-fight Christmas with the fam and there has been lots and lots of cuddles with my new little (garden gnome) neice. Not to mention seeing lots of friends I haven't seen in a while and more visits to come (bring on games night, I'm in the zone).

Sadly on Saturday (but with some anticipation) I head back to the butt-crack of Alberta, Calgary, to start my new job at the Children's Cottage. We shall see how it goes! I'm nervous but anxious to start.

I'm not sure if you know but I always get crazy when I start a new job. I have a fear of being stuck. Tied down...not.. able to leave... so that is weighing on my mind. I have some plans though (not exit stratgegy plans, though those blueprints are always tucked safely away in the back room filing cabinets of my mind) and this really great new opportunity of a job will help me accomplish them.

My New Years Resolution? To not fool myself into making one.

Love.

2 comments:

  1. Who is John?
    Plans for the New Year: Come visit me in BC. There are mountains.
    You don't get stuck, Meags. If I know you... you are a jack of all trades.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so lovely to see and HEAR you today ;)

    ReplyDelete