Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Snowshoeing!


I have to admit that I am so excited to be back to blogging. Why I didn't start blogging again sooner I'll never know. I have been particularily excited to blog about my snowshoeing excursion with my new "gal pals" (as Julie would put it).

Sunday afternoon a couple of us girlies bundled up (me in pants that literally felt like I was wearing a diaper in all the wrong places) to hit the woods (or forest? trails? bush?). Though we have had LOTS of snow (compared to Edmonton, I hear) the weather was mild and the paths were lightly beaten down by some snowmobilers.

It was so refreshing to be in the middle of nature. I truly felt like a northerner and so much so that it spurred on thoughts like "I want to live in the bush. I should buy a snowmobile.I want to go hunting every weekend and the unforseen: "I want to live here forever". Fear not, my city friends, the other day much to some of locals dismay I cried out in my weekness "I miss Walmart!" and I do.

I'm looking forward to Christmas at home but anticipate what other northern treasures I will discover this winter. I have been encouraged to join women's hockey this season but that may be going a little too far for me.

Things on my Northern to-doolie list:

1. snowmobiling
2. hunting
3. ice fishing
4. trip to yellowknife
5. cross country skiing
6. any other northern activity

xoxo Meaghan

2 comments:

  1. 1,2,3!!! and 5 are some of my most fave things to do in the planet!!
    i hope you love them. as well as all your other northern activities!
    seeing you with snowshoes warmed my heart and made me miss home.

    can't wait to see your pretty face in real life:)

    raerae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chaput (to you always!)November 28, 2009 at 12:57 PM

    Hey there Meg! Funny, we don't have ANY snow right now! Not complaining! Although snowshoeing would have been a lot of fun. You'll have to teach me your skills sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete