Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Things you don't know about me


-I used to have a lazy eye lid that a surgeon stitched up for me when I was a kid. It is the reason one of my eye lids blinks sometimes without the other.

-I literally jump into bed every night. It's a good time.

-My phone is literally on 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

-I count down in my head 10 seconds to complete tasks or count up steps or motions

Example: If I am pressed for time in the shower, I only allot 10 seconds to wash my hair, ten seconds to rinse and so on. If I complete a step faster than ten seconds, I get to start the next step on the previous steps remaining time (which is good because shaving takes longer than shampooing). I also allot myself ten seconds to stand under the shower at the end as a reward. Time for tasks is ALWAYS counted down (10-9-8-7-...). It's usually always in 10 second increments.

When I walk up stairs, I count them. When I wisk an egg, I count the whisks. I dont think I do it all the time, only when I am anxious, uncomfortable or very concentrated. Then again, maybe I do but just don't notice.

Is there a term for this?

-I paint and make art. It's new.

-I have a book with letters to my future husband dating back to my teen years. I update once in a while (as in every two years when I find the book by accident) but mostly by writing this: "seriously, I was so lame two years ago". I plan to burn these mothers down before I pass away single and am embarassed out of my new holy body in heaven.

-I keep all letters and cards when someone writes thoughtful things. I still have letters from kids in my class in grade 3 when I had my tonsils removed. One of them updated me on an important issue in the class, it says "Clint still does not wear any shoes". I liked Clint and still remember giggling about this card.

-I have an incredible memory. It doesn't work much for dates/names/facts but does for people and events. Usually if I remember something you've said or have done, I can see in my mind exactly where you were and the things around you. My first three memories I have were before the age of two, verified by my mother.

-Anyone still reading?

-I get anxious when my knowledge is tested. If you want to see me go red and stutter, ask me about politics, math, geography and anything going on in the world. Numbers are the worst, nah actually politics..im getting the shakes even thinking about the lack of knowledge I posses. Who knew Jesus wasn't the "answer" to everything...I knew I disliked Sunday School for a reason...

-My most irrational fear is of snakes. I do not recommend testing this, unless you don't want to be friends anymore.

-I think scrubs are the sexiest thing a man can wear. "helloooo doctor" "Eww, Meaghan, he is seriously 50 years old". Scrubs are magical pieces of clothing.

-My favorite band when I was six was a rock band named 'Roxette'. I saw them in concert when I was in kindergarten and wore the t-shirt I got as a dress to school the next day with a belt. I've stretched it out over the years and still wear it today. The picture above is actually of the shirt I own. Joyride tour 1991-1992.

3 comments: