Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Fall Over

Just wanted to take a moment to talk about fall before it's over.

Let me quote a lyrical genuis for you:

When autumn comes, it doesnt ask.
It just walks in, where it left you last.
And you never know, when it starts
Until there's fog inside the glass around your summer heart

-John Mayer

My friend Rosie is a lover of summer. When she experiences a peice of it she closes her eyes and tells herself "this is summer", so she can savor it. I mocked her the first time I saw her eating seasonal vegetables with her eyes closed at the table but it works.

I do it a little differently though. When I want to remember its fall I open my eyes as wide as I can to take it all in, compliment it with a "mmmnnn" kind of sigh and a grin on my face like I know something you dont know. It's particularily flavorful when I get a glimpse of the mountains on my way to work. Delicious.

I'm loving the fall wind in Calgary. It blows around me and tells me fall secrets like a season that would "just walk in where it left me last" would.

"Hello fall, I've missed you too", I tell it. "tell me everything".

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! The BLOG DROUGHT is officially OVER!
    Glad to hear your still a Mayer Lova :)

    ReplyDelete