Thursday, March 3, 2011

Death by Life

So here I sit, updating you lovely folk on my adventures.

It's now March (welcome) and I am embracing it with open arms and a full heart. Every month forward from when winter begins is a month closer to spring.

At my new job, I get every 7th week off so this week I have been "vacationing" in Edmonton. I've been visiting, sleeping, tanning, working out, eating and spending much needed time with my grandparents.

I can't help to think one day I'll wish it were today again when I can see them, touch them, hear them and smell the familiar smell of the house I know will go away when they do.


Death is not a topic we refrain from in our family. We know each others wishes (yes mom, we will bury your damn dogs with you) and it's a conversation that frequents our table talk. Today at the restaurant my mom was encouraging my papa (grandpa) to finish the sailboat he starting building years ago that (insert my gaggy (grandma)) "just sits in our bloody garage". My papa told my mom he plans to finish it. Either that or convert it into his coffin. I laughed heartily and we all rolled our eyes because we all know very well he wants to be cremated. A funny joke to probably just our table. More wine anyone?

Anyways. I am very much alive but I said to my family today, "just so you all know (since I realized I hadn't expressed it before) I'd like a coffin and a grave". They hope to never have to worry about those details since they think they should be long gone by the time it is my turn but "you never know". You simply never know.

I'd like a white coffin.

No comments:

Post a Comment