Monday, March 14, 2011

Church Obesity

I went for an early spring jog the other day since I could see the pavement. I don't know why but when spring approaches and the pavement clears of snow, I get an overwhelming urge to lay down on it and maybe even give it a kiss. Perhaps I thought if I tried running I might get a version of that experience if I tripped.

Anyways, as I was lightly jogging (I don't want to exaggerate and say I was running just for the sake of a good post) I saw other people doing the same (okay, they were running). They were real runners though. You can tell by what they are wearing. Usually a little cap, fitted pants to the ankles and a bright jacket that rounds about their bum. I thought to myself "self, why is that you never see really obese people running? You always just sort of see the fit ones doing it" (though I was out and about prancing around the side walks in my non-running clothes a.k.a not fitted joggers and my jacket that sticks, not rounds, to my bum)

I came to the conclusion it is for the same reason that only really busy people who already serve themselves dry in the Church are always the ones to volunteer their tired selves again and again.

Church obesity.

One last thing I discovered on my outdoor excursion is that if you run downhill it makes you look way more athletic than you really are. That and I think I have shin splints.

1 comment: