Thursday, February 17, 2011

Cheese, Chicken, being a Christian, Suicide and Socks

Hey fellers!

So I have to tell you this no cheese thing is going great except that I keep forgetting pizza has cheese on it. Stupid staff meeting (best mistake ever).

I'm pressing on, however, towards the goal.

Today in the oven I slid a chicken with yams, onions, red peppers, carrots and whole peppercorns (see? no cheese)

I am house sitting for my aunt in her BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL home. I enjoy sliding around in my socks, red wine in the Jacuzzi tub, no one to tell me not to walk around/cook naked (the neighbours might but I can't hear you la la la la la) and most of all a big kitchen where I can cook my heart out.

I love living with my Dimas family but being alone gets me excited about being a home owner in the distant future when I grow up.

In other news, I did my grocery shopping at T n T (Asian) supermarket today. This gets me excited about saving money to travel.

I was taking a suicide prevention course for work today and the market was right next door. The course is very interesting and my mind is reeling a mile a minute about everything we discuss. Being a Christian adds so many dynamics to any topic of discussion.

Speaking of being a Christian... unrelated to my course, a man asked me if I was a Catholic today at the market. I said no, I am a Christian. His response: "just a Christian?"... It was delightful to hear. My reply with a grin on my face "yes, just a Christian". So nice to just be what I am and nothing else. No frills, no fancy, just a Christian. God and I will chat about it later and find ways for me to just be what he's always wanted me to be. "Just" a Christian. So lovely to think about.

Sad news for My NWT loves, I had to unexpectedly cancel my trip at the end of the month. I was looking forward to seeing you all. I'd like to reschedule for sunny summer. Is that okay my lovelies?

Anyways...

Love to you all.

Wish you could enjoy my chicken a la nude.

XOXO

3 comments:

  1. ASSIST! It's a sad course to endure. I accidently kicked the instructor in the head with my shoe.

    i'll explain next time i see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i remember that story! lol

    Great blog megs, just invite your neighbours over for whatever it is you are cooking in the nude (hopefully not bacon) that'll win em' over

    ReplyDelete