Monday, July 9, 2012

Outdoor Summer

I don't mean to brag but ...this is the view from my apartment. Only that this wasn't taken by me and there is barely any snow on them there mountains as it is summer!

This post is brought to you by the letter M. M for Mmmm Mountains. And, for those who live by or below these mountains I am offering you a once in a life time offer to come and enjoy them this summer.

Alright, it's not a one time deal and you can enjoy them any time you want with or without me but I have started a little project and I hope it fares well!

My plan was and is to create a group of people who can post on facebook when they are outdoorsing in Canmore and want company (I am clearly not the only one who has thought of this as there are official groups who do this). The "Outdoor Event"'s purpose is to broaden the community of people we live in and to enjoy outside with others (my network of people extended to the network of people I know to the network of the network of the....)

You'll find the event on my facebook page. It's public so anyone can join. Take a peak and "join" then "comment" as to what things you might be interested in doing this summer. No commitment expected, just interest. If you want to get outdoors and have other come along, post in the event the who, what, when, wheres and why and contact those who seemed interested.

I really want to try paddlesurfing this summer. Things Ill be wanting to do are floating down the river, geocaching, hiking, canoeing and scrambling for sure. Summer passes me by to quickly so I gotta plan these things and be super intentional about them. I'm also wanting to be intentional about connecting with those around me.

Come, join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment