Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Big Whoops!


My belove readers and friends. Two months have passed and I have yet to blog! I could make a thousand excuses but I won't.

Where to start?

Christmas was good, I went home to Sherwood Park and onto Calgary to see my family and friends. Thank you to everyone for the fun and welcome back home. It was such a good visit however I was happy to return back to Hay River in anticipation of a new year.

Upon returning to Hay River some bad news met me at the door. My cat, Belle, had turned ill while I was away. Though she was 18 years old it was an unexpected turn for the worse and we ended up traveling to High Level, Alberta to find out she had end stage kidney failure. I miss her terribly as I've had her since I was in kindergarten but am grateful for the years we had together.

Onto the good news!

I started a new position this new year at the preschool part time and am still at the cafe part time. It's been fun to have two different jobs and I enjoy my new title as "Miss Meaghan". The preschoolers are very fun and well, the coffee keeps me going!

As for ministry I have continued to be involve in the youth group here. God is doing really amazing things there. New kids are pouring in each week and are growing. We had three youth give their lives to the Lord just last week which seems to be a pattern repeating. There may be an opportunity for me to work with the youth on the weekends casually at their friday/saturday community program.

Tuesday nights are about to get even busier as well as we are starting a week day kids program at the Pentecostal Chapel. As a team we have been busy gathering information, programming and kids for the ministry. It has been quite busy being invovled in this new endeavour but am looking forward to using some of my children's ministry skills and experience that has been on the shelf for the last five months. Updates on the progress to follow soon!

In general I am doing very well and am enjoying my time here. Though some aspects are very difficult I feel an incredible peace that I am in the right place at the right time and am grateful for that.

My biggest piece of news however is that at the end of March during spring break here I will be travelling to NEWFOUNDLAND to see my friends Ian and Tiffanie for two weeks. I am very excited about this!

Thanks faithful readers for sticking with your missing in action northern girl. I promise it won't take me another two months to blog again.

xoxox

4 comments:

  1. Don't forget to write me a comment, or silently stalk me...that's okay too

    ReplyDelete
  2. read your blog...
    CHECK!

    love it...
    CHECK!

    going to the Mall of Asia in Manila tomorrow...
    CHECK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I'm stalking you hahahahaha.... Love you friend! And even though Satan will always find something crappy to throw at us I love how God is still bringing amazing things - with even more amazing things to come that will blow your mind!! Thanks for sticking it out with us!
    -Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for the new job and for the old one too! Both great matches for you and a blessing for them! Thanks for liking handmade crap :)
    Deb

    ReplyDelete